Solo 401k - go with Vanguard or someone else

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Spirit Rider

Re: Solo 401k - go with Vanguard or someone else

Post by Spirit Rider » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:26 pm

tfb wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:17 pm
The Plan Administrator isn't able to operate the plan as written in the plan document and the adoption agreement when the provider's allowed features and policies inhibit them. The Plan Administrator (i.e. the employer) should complain to the authorities.
You have been restating your position on this for years. Yet here we still are.

Vanguard still does not allow rollover contributions in direct contravention of their plan document requiring the Adoption Agreement to opt out of this feature, when their adoption agreement in silent on this matter.

Fidelity still does not allow Roth 401k contributions to their Self-Employed 401k in direct contravention of their plan document requiring the Adoption Agreement to opt out of this feature, when their Self-Employed 401k Adoption Agreement is silent on this matter.

Etc...

tfb

Re: Solo 401k - go with Vanguard or someone else

Post by tfb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Spirit Rider wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:26 pm
tfb wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:17 pm
The Plan Administrator isn't able to operate the plan as written in the plan document and the adoption agreement when the provider's allowed features and policies inhibit them. The Plan Administrator (i.e. the employer) should complain to the authorities.
You have been restating your position on this for years. Yet here we still are.

Vanguard still does not allow rollover contributions in direct contravention of their plan document requiring the Adoption Agreement to opt out of this feature, when their adoption agreement in silent on this matter.

Fidelity still does not allow Roth 401k contributions to their Self-Employed 401k in direct contravention of their plan document requiring the Adoption Agreement to opt out of this feature, when their Self-Employed 401k Adoption Agreement is silent on this matter.

Etc...
As the recent #MeToo testimonies show, something can be happening for years and be an open secret in some circles, until someone steps up and says something. I don't have a solo 401k with Vanguard, therefore I have no standing. Otherwise I would definitely report them to the authorities. If the authorities rule in their favor, so be it. Just because it's been that way for years doesn't mean it's right.
Harry Sit, taking a break from the forums.